The True Sacrifice ~ thesis of my life

Saturday, March 29, 2008

The True Sacrifice




The book of Leviticus is fascinating. You probably either think I'm crazy or you agree. Starting in early January of 2008 I started listening/reading the old testament. I actually started with Leviticus for some odd reason. I did not get far until I realized there is so much in this book that I had never learned before and that in its process, much applies to believers in Christ today. I started studying it. And what came out of this study is the picture you see above. A book mark (front and back) that contains all sorts of notes, scripture, Greek, examples and interesting facts on how the process in which our Mosaic friends in Judea sacrificed animals for God is in fact the same process in which we must come before God daily. Confession, Surrender, Fellowship.
Please clip on the image above and have a look through. Feel free to print it off and use it as a book mark. I also suggest reading the challenge and taking it on. Its very hard, yet very rewarding.
I would like to point out one more thing. For fellowship, you will notice I refer to the Greek word Koinonia. I want to add that Koinonia was used in a business context as well. A word used by Paul to come together in a missional bond for one purpose to achieve a goal. Its fascinating when we look at in this context because the word fellowship in English does no justice for what Paul was really saying.

No comments: